My Self Report



SELF-REPORT OF SEATEACHER PRE-SERVICE STUDENT TEACHERS EXCHANGE
 BATCH 6 2018

1. SCHOOL GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1 School Profile:
Name of the school: Boonkhumrat Bumroong school
Address : Moo 1 Soi Khlong Luang 7, Paholyothin Rd,  T.Khlong Nueng, A.Khlong Luang, P.Pathum Tani, Thailand 12120
Phone number : +662-5168342
School email : bkrschool.61@gmail.com
Grand open on 26th May 2482 B.E (Buddhist Calendar)
Vision : The Boonkhumrat Bumroong school aims to coordinating all sector educate students with knowledge and morality, integrated sufficient economy principle in the school, avoid vices, cultivating culture Thailand, concern environment, promote ICT for education, be discipline and promoting democracy.
Missions:
1. Managing and developing all sectors involved through school based management
2. Encouraging teachers and personal to work in quality assurance system and professional standars
3. Provide learning process varied, emphasis on reading fluency, writing fluency, critical thinking skills by students-centered learning
4. Promote sufficiency economy principle activities that students can apply in their daily lives
5. Encourage students to moral self-discipline and democracy
6. Encourage students to conserve Thai local Cultural Thai heritage and environmental protection mind
7. Encourage students to have good mental, health, and habit. Avoid from disease, drugs and all vices. Live in society happily
8. Encourage students realized how to use information communications technology (ICT) for education by their own properly
Principle : Mrs. Surang Prapainop
Kind of School : public school
Identity: Conservation of Thai Tradition
Uniqueness: Thai Boxing Exercise
Consist of : Kindergarden (Pre-school), Primary (Elementary) and Secondary (Junior High School)

1.2 ACADEMIC SUPPORT SYSTEM
The school has infrastructures such as:
-         Six buildings (one two-story building, two three-story buildings, one four-story buildings, and one five-story building) these is includes science room, English-Math room, Astronomy room, ASEAN room, Thai dance room, Thai music room, green house room (it is room to make something for environment), computer laboratory, library, three meeting rooms, canteen, director room, general administration room, toilets, field and nursing room.
The school has facilities for academic support system such as:
-         Every class has projectors, TV and sound system. It can be academic support system
-          Wifi in every buildings
-          Thai list for research
-          Some class has printer also.
1.3 Teaching Systems:
       Components in the teaching learning system are name of the school, grade/level, subject, goal, topic, method, learning sources and evaluation. The goal is the students are able to understand the content of the topics such things in living room. Method is writing and explaining. The system is teacher-centered learning. Teacher is a facilitator which explain whole the topic before give an exercise such as doing task in the handbook or doing a group project so students will active in the class.
1.4 Materials and Other Learning Sources
     The materials most come from books and worksheet. Sometimes, teacher also used an instructional media for support the learning process. Other learning sources are from internet such as educationalwebsite, videos and pictures related to the topics.
1.5 Measurement and Evaluation System
     Evaluation system is giving exercise to students from books or worksheet and asking them to make a project such as greeting card or coloring pictures that related to the topics. Teacher must make a lesson plan for every meeting.
1.6 Curriculums
     Every school in Thailand have to use the CORE 2551 curriculum ( government curriculum) but the school and the teachers can modify the curriculum. So, the school have their own curriculum but for the standard depend on goverment.
1.7 Teaching Plan
      Teaching plan in this school is made in every meeting. The teachers have to make a lesson plan for the meeting. The lesson plan includes learning objectives, learning content, learning procedure and assignment, and learning assessment. Before start teaching practice, I required to make lesson plan then give it to my mentor. The mentor commented and gave a little bit correction on my lesson plan.

2. PEDAGOGICAL CONTENTS  
2.1 Teaching Methods 
teaching method is teacher-centered learning. Teacher explained whole the topics then asked students to do task in the book or worksheet. The teacher used this method because it's more suitable for the students to understand the topics but for making students active, the teacher gave a group project.
2.2 Learning Materials and Innovation
    Learning materials that teacher used were projector, laptop, sound system and some visual property. Teacher showed a kind of property before start the learning to build brain storming of students. All materials came from the book. The projector, laptop, and sound system used to support learning process.
2.3 Sources of Learning and Technology
     The topics were from the book. Sometimes teacher used the sound system for listening a song about some topics such as the weather.
2.4 Authentic assessment
     Teacher used cognitive, affective, and psycomotoric to assess students achievements. Cognitive domain assessment could be question and answer or worksheet. Affective domain assessment could be show an activity. And psycomotoric domain assessment could be make a project or product related to the subject matter. For example teacher asked the students to make kinds of greeting card. After that teacher collect it and make it as a property for teaching.

3. TEACHING PLAN
     Teaching plan in this school is made in every meeting. The teachers have to make a lesson plan for the meeting. The lesson plan includes learning objectives, learning content, learning procedure and assignment, and learning assessment. Before start teaching practice, I required to make lesson plan then give it to my mentor. The mentor commented and gave a little bit correction on my lesson plan.
3.1 Teaching Plan Related to Your Major
    Teachers should have to make a lesson plan every meeting. The lesson plan includes learning objectives, learning assessment, learning content, learning procedure and assignment. Learning objectives includes objectives from cognitive, affective and psychomotorik domain. Learning content includes subject matter, refferences, instructional material, concepts, skills, and values. Learning  procedures  includes  preparation  (review,  motivation,  apperception), presentation, generalization and application. Teacher have to prepare the instructional material that needed to lesson.

4. Observations on Teacher(s)
4.1 Planning for Teaching
Before teaching, teacher made a lesson plan for the topic that would be taught. Then, teacher prepared some various property related to the topic. Teacher must implement procedure of teaching in accordance with the learning procedure on lesson plan like the approach and method.
4.2  Preparing Lessons and Materials
Teacher used book and workbook of students in class. Sometimes teacher also used several materials from internet. Usually, the materials from internet were not in book, so the teacher presented it as a new topic out of the book.
4.3  Teaching In Class
Teacher started the class by greeting students and asking students’ condition. After greeting, teacher spoke with mother tongue (Thai language) because the students would not know what teacher said if she used whole English. She just used English when start to teach the topic from book. Then, she would spoke Thai all the time.
4.4  Measurement and Evaluation
Measurement came from an exam that held every 3 months after teaching learning. And for the evaluation, teacher gave students task from book or worksheet that she made before teaching. Teacher also gave student a group or individual project at the end of the lesson such as making a greeting card.
5.  TEACHING PRACTICE
5.1 Procedures of Teaching
Procedure of teaching, the teacher must adjust to the lesson plan that has been made before. I would teach in primary class 4 and 5. My topics were the weather for class 4 and my beloved country for class 5. I had 10 times in a week to teach in class. First, I made a lesson plan related to the topic that I would teach. Then, I discussed with my mentor in the class. After she agreed, I taught the students based on my lesson plan.
All of my procedures of teaching were on my lesson plan as follow:

Lesson Plan
School                         : Boonkhumratbumroong School
Teacher                      : D I N I
Learners                     : Primary 5
Time                           : 60 Minutes
Topic                           : My Beloved Country (ASEAN Country)
Learning Outcomes :
1. To be able to identify ASEAN Country
2. To be able to identify the color of ASEAN country flags
Materials :
1. Pictures of ASEAN Flag
2. Worksheet of ASEAN country

Stage
timing
interaction
procedure
Stage aim
Warm up
10 minutes
Listen to teacher carefully
-          Greets students “Good morning, how are you?”
-          Asks students “What’s the last topic?”
-          Then introduce students country in ASEAN
To draw students attention and active students background knowledge
Presentation
10 minutes
Listen and repeat
-          Writes ten countries of ASEAN
-          Pronounces the ten countries of ASEAN then asks students to follow her
-          Teacher explains the counties by showing flag pictures of ASEAN countries
-          Asks students to separate into 4 groups
-          Shows students structure of the sentence
Q: Where do you come from?
A: I come from Indonesia.
-          Pronounces the sentence then ask students to follow teacher
-          Teacher asks students random based on the group about “Where do you live?”

Practice
15 minutes
Listen to teacher
Teacher asks students based on the group to mention 10 countries of ASEAN
To learn how to ask and answer someone
production
15 minutes
Listen and pay attention teacher carefully
Teacher separates students into 4 groups. Then give them a worksheet of 10 ASEAN country flags then asks them to color it.
-          To encourage teamwork
-          To promote speaking skill
-          To urge students produce what they have learnt
Wrap-up
10 minutes
Listen and repeat teacher
-          Teacher asks students again about the sentences.
-          Reviews vocabularies
-          Asks students “any question?
-          Teacher says goodbye to the students
To emphasize students understand and review the learning



Lesson Plan
School                         : Boonkhumratbumroong School
Teacher                      : D I N I
Learners                     : Primary 4
Time                           : 60 Minutes
Topic                           : The Weather (Season in Thailand)
Learning Outcomes :
1. To be able to Mention Seasons in Thailand
2. To be able to Identify Weather in A Day
Materials :
1. PPT Slides
2. Pictures of season

Stage
timing
interaction
procedure
Stage aim
Warm up
10 minutes
Listen to teacher carefully
-          Greeting students “Good morning, How are you?”
-          Tell students that before we start learning, Let’s sing a song
-          Writing lyric of song “How’s the weather?”
-          Teacher plays video about “How’s the weather?”
-          Teacher sings the song first then sings again with students
-          Teacher asks students “How’s the weather?
To draw students attention and active students background knowledge
presentation
10 minutes
Listen and repeat
-          Teacher writes some vocabularies about weather/reason such as, sunny, cloudy, windy, cold, hot, jacket, raincoat, sunglasses, umbrella, reading, watching TV etc.
-          Teacher pronounce the vocabularies then ask students to follow her
-          Teacher explains the meaning of the words by showing pictures
Then teacher asks students “What do you want to do in rainy/hot/cold season?”
-          Shows students structure of the sentence
Q: What do you want to do in rainy/hot/cold season?
A: It’s raining/sunny/windy. I want to …..
-          Pronounce the sentence then ask students to follow teacher
-          Teacher asks students random to answer the question “what do you want to do in rainy/hot/cold season?

practice
15 minutes
Listen to teacher
Teacher asks students to stand up one by one then ask he/she about “What do you want to do in rainy/hot/cold season? After student answer, she/he choose one of her/his friend to answer it again.
To learn how to ask and answer someone
production
15 minutes
Listen and pay attention teacher carefully
Teacher separates students into 4 groups. Then give them a stick of number. After that, teacher shows a Ppt slides about multiple choice questions. Students should answer the questions by holding up the number. The group who get many points, they will get presents.
-          To encourage teamwork
-          To promote speaking skill
-          To urge students produce what they have learnt
Wrap-up
10 minutes
Listen and repeat teacher
-          Teacher asks students again about the sentences.
-          Reviews vocabularies
-          Gives students a homework to colour picture
-          Asks students “Any question?
-          Teacher says goodbye to the students
To emphasize students understand and review the learning

5.2  Time Management and Organizing Activities
I had 60 minutes in every class I would be taught. Then, I divided into 5 sections such as warm up, presentation, practice, production and wrap-up. After taught, I gave them task then asked them to answer it. I walked around to see them did the task. If they had confuse I told them how to answer it.
5.3  Problem-Solving
For the problem solving, I used various property such as pictures, animation and song to present my materials. Because students in primary school would get easier to understand the topic with the pictures that they have seen before such as a picture of rainy season (the weather topic for class 4). After that, I divided students into 4 groups. Then, I asked them to answer my question about the topic that I have taught. It is a kind of summarize or review the topic.
For the class 5, I also divided them into 4 groups. Then, I asked them to color a series of pictures then give the correct label of the pictures.

6.   SUMMARY AND SUGGESTIONS
6.1  Purpose of Practicum
The purposes of the practicum are to develop my teaching skill and pedagogy, to practice my English skill, to be social human in every diversity, gain the broader and world view. i was very lucky to be part of this great program. Through this program, I learnt many lesson that I will no found if I was not joining this program. I learnt to respect every diversity, learnt how to be a social person. And I can meet great people that I will miss when I'm in home later.
 6.2   Procedure of Practicum
Procedure of practicum is the process to run our plan in teaching like doing preliminary such as greetings, preparing the students study, innovating media related to the topics, giving motivations, dividing into groups and giving worksheet. I stimulated the students by introducing the topic through song (The Weather Topic for class 4) then continued to the topic. For the problem statements are:
a. Do the students can identify the season in Thailand?
b. Do the students can identify the ASEAN country?
Students understand the topics that had been taught. They can answer the question well. Students asked the thing they do not really understand.
Students discussed with their group about the answer of the quiz. After they got the answer, the asked their tag number as I gave before doing the exercise. Then, I asked them to conclude the topic based on the answer of the questions. Each group had opportunity to answer the question and got point. Students had chance to ask thing that did not clear. At the end of exercise, the group who got many points gave a gift from the students. At the end of class, teacher concluded the topic and collected the students’ tasks. Teacher end the class with greeting. I follow every steps in my lesson plan.
 6.3 Outcomes of Practicum
My outcomes of practicum is good but not perfect. I tried my best during the teaching practice. My kind supervisor gave very good advice for my teaching future. I believed in the future I will learn hard to be a good teacher. It;s my motivation.  And Thank you for everyone that I met during this program. I hope I'll be better soon.
6.4 The Challenge of Practicum
       During this program, I got many confused things like language.When I want to buy something in market, I need to use gesture to make them understand what I mean. And it's happened when I teach in class. Beside gesture, I Used my properties to provide my teaching practice. Sometimes I was homesick also but I motivated myself for be strong during the practicum. About the foods, as long as it allow by my religion I can consume it just said "Bismillah". I found many things that funny but priceless. Hopefully, I can come back again.
6.5 Overall Impression
      Overall impression is I am very thankful to be a part of this great program. I met great people that I never thought before. I got opportunity to be a delegation of my campus and it's very priceless experience. I think a month is not enough to explore many things in this program. So, from this program I motivate myself to be a good person for everyone in future. Thank you all. It;s nice to meet you.
6.5 Suggestions for Future Improvement
I suggest for making an extra English program for students so they can be improve in English. And for this program, I am really thankful because this is a good program for student teacher to encourage their skill in teaching or being social in diversity. 

Thank you SEAMEO for this great program, Thank you University of Muhammadiyah Palu for believe me to be a delegation, Thank you Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University and Boonkhum Rat Bamrung School.


Comments