Classroom Observation


Day 4 : Observation 1
August 3, 2018

I woke up in early in the morning, around 05.50 am because we must go to school before 07.00 am. We needed to come early for joining the ceremony in everyday. While waiting the ceremony, my friends and I took pictures of the school with the entire environment. I saw many parents sent their children. It was very cute to see. 





Well the time showed 08.00 am, all the students to assemble in the yard for joining flag ceremony. This was the day we introduced our self to the school. It was awesome because they welcomed us so excited.




After the ceremony, my mentor told me to see around the class, especially the class I am going to teaching. My mentor called teacher Som-O. She is very kind. She taught me how to greet people in Thailand culture, like for the older person we must be saying “Sawade kha kun kru Sake (Sake = the name of the teacher)”. It meant “hallo teacher”. She introduced every teachers who handle the classes to me. All teachers in Boonkumratbamrung School are very nice. 

 


 After that I followed her to see the class she taught that morning. I saw that she taught the students very well, she also allowed me to introduce myself in front of the students. The students welcomed me so well. They were happy to see new teacher.




The situation in Classroom 5/1

About 10.30 am, I entered the another class for observe again, my buddy taught in this class. the teacher collected students project to make a greeting card from the students, in this time, the students made greeting cards for their mom, because on august 12, 2018 it will be a mother’s day.



The class 5/2
After observe some class, my friends and me went to canteen to take a lunch. And it was very surprising me because the teacher already prepared our lunch. The lunch looked like chicken soup and it was so delicious. It had watermelon also for the dessert. Oh my god, they treated us very well. I’m very glad to be their part now

Happy Lunch
After lunch, I came back to my room and saw my mentor taught about The students were very creative and happy to make the cards. I saw them colored the card. A student asked me to help her colored the card, and yes I helped her. Suddenly, I remembered my childhood memory. she told me that my card was beautiful.
I like them very much, the school, teachers, buddies, students.
Oh god, thank you for the chance to met them. I like to be here.

=========================================================


August 6, 2018
Morning everyone happy Monday
Dini was come back, today I would go to school for observing. Before leaving dorm, i took a little bit breakfast. My schedule today was only one class for observe. So I would have free time after lunch, yippee.
Well, as usually I attended the school before 07.00 am. The school started the ceremony.




 After ceremony, all the students came back to do class to start learning. I just stay in the class before my class start at 10.30 am. I saw the teacher continue her last topic. The topic was about the house. So the teacher gave the students project to color a picture about house. They were very excited to do the task.



While the students finished to color, the time showed lunch time. Teacher closed the learning, while the students went to the canteen to take a lunch.
I was taking a lunch also with my friends and buddies here. The lunch was delicious. It had a lot of chicken. We also got Rambutan as a dessert.



After lunch, I came back to the class and continue my report.

==========================================================

August 7, 2018
Observation Day
As usually I went to school about 07.00 am. The school started the ceremony at 07.30 am.
I waited at the small park with my friends. I saw some teachers who standing in front of park for greeting students. I also saw many parents sent their children and feed them while waiting for the ceremony.





I observed just one class today. But my buddy told me to help her to handle her class at 12.30 pm and 14.30 pm. First I observed my mentor while teaching about “Things in The Living Room”. Teacher asked the students to mention everything in the living such as sofa, magazines, stereo, etc. Students were exited to do the assignment. They got good score from the teacher.



After I finished my observation, I went to the library and met my friends there. They helped teacher Tam to cut his property for teaching. So I decided to help them also. After that, the teacher Tam’s students came and learned. We watched teacher tam taught them. He was so creative because he was preparing real media while teaching.





Time for lunch, we went to the canteen and had a special lunch.

After lunch, as I told you before I would handle my buddy class. I was getting little bit nervous, because it was not my turn for teaching. I did not have preparation before, so I decided to continue topic in the last meeting. The topic in the last meeting was “The Weather”, so I asked students to do a task on the workbook. It told about month that arranged by the first letter in some vocabularies. For example Mango, Apple and Yoyo, it will be “MAY”. The students understood very well. They answered all number of the task correctly. I think it was a forgettable experience I ever do.

=================================================================


August 8, 2018

My last day for observe in the class.

Today is my last day in observing. I went to the school by walked as usual. And I was attending the ceremony. There was nothing special, unless the uniform of teachers and students. Looks like sport day, Isn’t it? Yupp this was Wednesday, and whether teachers and students used sport uniform. I and my friends ware wearing sport uniform also.

I did not have class in the morning. So I just spent my free time with showing my buddies finished a project about mother’s day. They were very creative to celebrate it. They changed the information plank to be a good looking display with all of assignment from the students.


Time passed so fast, I needed to observe class 5/1 where Teacher Som-O will be taught. They were very welcoming me in the class. Their topic today was My Friends. So teacher explained about little bit bio data of students, for example Anna. The bio data consisted name, age, height and weight. After that teacher asked students to complete blank sentences about Anna. The students answered the task correctly. Then teacher asked them to draw students’ friends face on the book. They were exited to do that because they liked drawing. I got close communication with all the students.






After the class, I went to canteen to have a lunch.


Then, I came back to the class for observing another class. I would observe 4/6 and 4/3. But there were a little bit busy activities, so I just observed class 4/3. It was the class that teacher Pen handled. They learned about The Weather. I thought it was present tense, because she taught about “Do you like ….?” perhaps.



At the end of the class, she played a music video about mother’s day. It was sad. And I can’t control myself so I was crying. It made me shame because all students saw me while crying. But that’s okay, it was normal cause I miss my mother also.
It was touchable day. Students were crying and me too.

Plank for Mother's Day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 



Comments